UNSOM Prospective Applicants: Campuses: Las Vegas
The School of Medicine's comprehensive clinical campus is located in Las Vegas. Classrooms and lecture halls are located in the medical schools administrative building, at 2040 W. Charleston, and in the Patient Care Center, both next to University Medical Center, the primary teaching hospital in southern Nevada.
The campus includes a state-of-the-art clinical simulation center, in partnership with the UNLV School of Nursing and the Nevada State College School of Nursing. This 31,000 square foot Clinical Simulation Center provides state-of-the art clinical training for indisciplinary groups of students, residents and faculty.
Synapse Fall 2010 Feature
Ryan Hafen, Class of 2010, left, and Casie Schedel, Class of 2010, right, work with faculty and nursing students.
Administrative Building: 2040 West Charleston
Education Building: Clinical Simulation Center, Las Vegas, 1001 Shadow Lane
Research: Biotechnology Center, Shadowing Lane Campus of UNLV
Clincal facilities include:
Las Vegas Clinical Facilities Resources
University Medical Center Non-Employee-Resident Handbook
University Medical Center HIPAA Self-Study Powerpoint
UNSOM HIPAA Privacy Manual
Student Parking at UMC:
- Medical students, with UMC parking stickers, can still park in all surface lots and the Shadow Lane garage.
- When those lots are full, students will now be directed to the overflow lot behind Lied Clinic, and be able to get shuttle service back to UMC.
- Every time you use the shuttle you get a coupon, from the driver, for $2.50 off cafeteria food.
- Weekends and after 5 p.m. M-F, students may use the Trauma Garage.
If you are routed to this overflow lot:
- Call 383-1810 on your way to the lot to request shuttle service, identify yourself as a medical student. The shuttle should be there waiting for you.
- If you know when you need to return to the lot, make arrangements with the driver for a pick up time at the NEW main entrance to UMC (the one facing Shadow Lane/Charleston).
- The shuttle runs 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- After 7 p.m., you can still get taken to the lot by a public safety officer. Call the same number and the dispatcher will have an officer pick you up.