UNSOM Students: Home
Medical school is a time of exciting changes, new challenges and extraordinary learning and growth. The University of Nevada School of Medicine's Office of Admissions and Student Affairs offers complete support services for medical students, from orientation through graduation and into your residency training.
The faculty and staff on both the main campus in Reno and the Las Vegas campus are committed to helping you making the most of your medical school experience. Peggy Dupey, Ph.D, Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs, and her staff work with students on issues of academic, personal, professional and career development.
Services offered by the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs include:
- Career counseling and advising
- Residency matching and application guidance
- Elective application processing
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Financial planning advisement, including scholarship coordination and emergency loans
- Coordination of medical student records
- Student wellness and healthcare
- Student leadership and clubs