The Medical Education Council of Nevada (MECON) was established by the Nevada Legislature in 2003 to ensure that Nevada has an adequate, well-trained workforce to meet the needs of the residents of Nevada.
The Medical Education Council of Nevada has been charged by the Nevada Legislature to:
- Determine the workforce needs for the provision of health care services in Nevada;
- Determine the number and types of positions of employment for which money appropriated to MECON may be used;
- Investigate and make recommendations to the University of Nevada School of Medicine and legislature on the status and need of health practitioners, other providers of health care, and other personnel of health care facilities or programs in Nevada;
- Determine methods for reimbursing institutions that sponsor practitioners, other providers of health care, or other personnel of health care facilities or programs; and
- Pursue mechanisms of receiving and dispersing funds for graduate medical education expenses.
For more information contact:
411 W Second St
Reno, NV 89503
701 Walnut St
Elko, NV 89801