Nutrition Counseling Services
The Registered Dietitians at the Wellness and Weight Management Clinic are trained and qualified to administer Medical Nutrition Therapy.
Medical Nutrition Therapy includes:
- Performing a comprehensive nutrition assessment determining the nutrition diagnosis;
- Planning and implementing a nutrition intervention using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines;
- Monitoring and evaluating an individual's progress over subsequent visits with the RD.
Nutrition services for a variety of diseases and conditions include:
- Cardiovascular Disease: hypertension, dyslipidemia, congestive heart failure
- Diabetes: Type 1, Type 2, Gestational
- Disease Prevention: general wellness
- GI Disorders: celiac disease, cirrhosis, Crohn's disease
- Immunocompromise: food allergy, HIV/AIDS
- Pediatrics: infant/child feeding, failure-to- thrive, inborn errors of metabolism
- Renal Disease: insufficiency, chronic failure, transplantation
Call (775) 784-4474 today to schedule an appointment!